Its Jagannathan’s class now… on technical studies... and we are watching videos “modern marvels...” This current video is on the evolution of how... a computer was born... I’m drowsy and needed a siesta... so I just curled down the handle of my plastic chair… cloaking myself behind kamal’s back…. Thoughts just glided on my mind... a slideshow of the timeline... of my life… and computers…
I remember... when I was quite young... well... like about in my 4th or 5th class.... Mom had this course organized by school on computers at CSC, a famous chain of computer tutors in Coimbatore as well as in Tamilnadu... (I never liked them :|)
well, coming back to the story, I had gone there with mom... one day...and I saw these kids of my age... from a bit more of posh family I guess, learning computers... they were drawing some lines in black on a white page with a mechanical device which they held on their hand.. It was strange... yet amusing to my young mind... I wondered what it was... and asked them and the tutor said they are learning "paint" I was like what on earth is that...?? Since then… my young mind had an interest on learning that “box full of fun”.

Once when I went to my dad’s office, a nice college of my dad spoke to me with all care n affection... he offered me a picture of my choice from his computer onto my hand... I chose a dancing peacock…And voila, a half A4 sized photograph of my favorite picture in my hand in just a matter of a few minutes. I still have that picture in my diary of chocolate wrappers and birthdates. Whenever dad used to call me there was this sound of the inkjets behind his back… I used to wonder if I was really awake…
The first time dad took me to the browsing centre with him, I was just made to sit next to him... on the extra stool provided….I used to find it so boring... but still hesitated to express him the fact... I also wanted to use a PC… even I want to search on the net...those were what ran in my head’s LCD screen...
Once… I went with him... go knows what had he felt... he had booked for two cabins in place of one... and obviously it was me in the second… and well… what more would I do.. I drew a Hill in brown with green vegetation over it in paint… for about 30-40 minutes. There was this sense of Creative ability in me…my first ever digital Art!!!
JComputers being my utter love at this age… I used to love it more than anything…I craved for it, dreamt it... and at last... Got it too…
My uncle gifted one of his used computers when I was in my 9th standard…. Only I and the friends around me during the painting workshop know how bouncy I got on that day… My father didn’t really allow me to use it much…. He feared I might spoil it... as I don’t really know how to handle it and also a slight fear of the “viruses”… This added my curiosity to use it even more…. It started a craving for using the computer… dad created my online identity for the first time now… the first yahoo of mine... which doesn’t exist anymore now…

And that being my first ever computer in life… I started learning to use the internet…went with friends to browsing centers, created new ids…. Searched a lot... did a lot…. And still doing a lot… Internets’ taught me a lot… cheated me a lot…made me into something I never thought I could be… never wanted to be… and also a lot of me which I am proud of now…
It made me a blogger…made me more productive, creative…fast paced… and yet... let me be myself… Thanks PC…I’d have been here without you... but... not this happy…!!!

Leave a Reply

So, what do you think?