me n mom were just leaving home...
i was waiting for her in my usual pose, sitting on the dio, hands folded on the speedo, that was when the boy from the groundfloor, nitish (appu) i suppose.. shouted out through the netted window.. his eyes sparkling with enthusiasm, (he just loves it when my mom goes on a walk!!), "where are you going aunty??" in his typical kid's tamil. It struck me for a moment.. did he just ask where i am going? is he supposed to ask that? isn't it considered to be inauspicious that way?

Well.. these thoughts just took a second to pass by...actually not even a second just a fraction, but the thought of why is still haunting me.
Is it just because someone had adviced me not to ask anyone where they are going, because they believed it was inauspicious and that the task that they are going would not turn out successful. Is it so deeply etched in my mind that it takes me away for a moment and lets me back, its fascinating the way mind works. BUT WHY is it so complicated to understand?

Categories: ,

Leave a Reply

So, what do you think?